Saturday, March 12, 2011

Laughter-Good for what "ails ya"!

Psalm 126:2

Our mouths were filled with laughter,
   our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations,
   “The LORD has done great things for us!"

Tonight I spent time with  some of the most incredible women I have ever known- single moms, college students, professional women, women of different races and stations of life, and a couple of women from different countries. What could bring such a diverse group together, and what do we all have in common? The answer to this question is as simple as it is complex: Jesus. We all attend the same church, and have been adopted into the family of God because of our faith in Jesus Christ. We all sat around a kitchen table  played games, fellowshiped, and laughed until I'm sure a few of needed to run to the bathroom. What a blessing to be able to reach across racial, social, and national boundaries and find a sister: to be able to say "The Lord has done great things for us!" I pray He continues to bring more and more diversity to my growing list of sister-friends. I am truly thankful for this gift!

2 comments:

  1. Hated that I missed it! Couldn't be helped though. I'm so glad you all had a good time. Kristi, proud of you for blogging. WAHOO!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete