Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Changing Seasons, Spiritual Refreshment

Song of Songs 2:11-13- See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. The fig tree forms its early fruit, the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me."

The weather has been magnificiant this week. Birds are singing, daffodils are popping up everywhere, and the trees are starting to bud. Everything is made new again! Sping is my favorite time of the year, and isn't it wonderful that spring heralds new life and we are blessed to celebrate the ressurection of Jesus in this season?! I know Easter is still almost a month away, but today I was reminded how wonderful the cycle of life and constant renewel through fellowship with my ressurected Lord is. The cycle of nature proclaims this to all who listen. I urge everyone to get out and spend some time listening as the earth sings the praises of the One who created everything! If we don't the rocks will cry out: "Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!"

No comments:

Post a Comment